Cranberry Orange Scones
Prepared with crushed Toasted Berry Crisp cereal, these simple scones accented with orange zest and dried cranberries make a wonderful grab-and-go breakfast.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Kashi GO® Toasted Berry Crisp
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, Kashi GO® Toasted Berry Crisp, baking powder and baking soda. Using pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in cranberries.
3. In small bowl, stir together yogurt and orange juice. Stir into flour mixture until mixture just holds together.
4. Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Knead or fold dough onto itself about 3 or 4 turns.
5. Shape dough into 7-inch round with 1-inch thickness. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.