Sautéed Rainbow Chard and Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf with Toasted Walnuts & Feta Recipe
Nutrient-rich chard and nutty Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf are seasoned and sautéed to perfection, then topped with walnuts and feta for a satisfying side dish.
Makes 4 servings
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound organic Swiss chard, cut into half-inch pieces, ribs on, rinsed well
2 cups cooked Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped medium/fine
1/2 cup crumbled organic Feta cheese
1. Cook the Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf, season with salt, pepper, orange zest and set aside, covered.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add rainbow chard to skillet, tossing until wilted. Continue adding chard to pan and let cook until wilted and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not add any more oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Divide pilaf into 4 equal portions and pack into a ring mold on service plate. Layer the sautéed chard on top of that.
5. Sprinkle top with toasted walnuts and feta.