Whole Wheat Crepes with Greek Yogurt Recipe
Nutty flavor and a hint of lemon strike a lovely complement to creamy Greek yogurt, celebrated for its thick, custardy texture. Try these whole wheat crepes with other savory and sweet fillings, too.
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup organic plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon organic butter, melted
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- Dash kosher salt
1. In blender container combine whole wheat flour, soy milk, egg, butter and salt. Cover and blend until well combined. Let stand for 25 minutes.
2. Heat a nonstick crepe pan or small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using a clean paper towel, lightly coat the pan with butter to prevent the crepe from sticking. Take a ladle full of batter and pour into pan. Crepes should be thin, so pick the skillet up and encourage the batter to spread thinly and evenly over the pan surface to form a circle. Cook the crepes for 15 to 20 seconds or until the bottom side is golden. Turn onto other side. Continue cooking until done.
3. Remove from crepe from pan and place on serving plate. Fold in half and then in half again. Keep warm while cooking the remaining crepes. Top crepes with yogurt. Sprinkle with lemon juice.