White Bean Soup Recipe
The hearty flavors of cabbage, kale, carrot, sweet potatoes, and thyme combine delightfully in this easy soup. Drizzle with flavorful extra-virgin olive oil for a restaurant-quality flourish.
Prep Time: 90 min
Total Time: 90 min
- 2 organic leeks whites only, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 head organic green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped organic kale
- 2 organic carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large organic sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon preservative-free red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1. In Dutch oven cook leeks and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until leeks are transparent. Stir in beans, curry powder, coriander and bay leaf. Add enough water to cover mixture. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
2. Add cabbage, kale, carrot, sweet potato and thyme to bean mixture. Simmer about 10 minutes more or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Season with salt and pepper (if desired). Serve drizzled with additional olive oil (if desired).