Waffles with Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Corn Blueberry Relish
Spiced with jalapeños and accented with honey and lime juice, this sweet and savory waffle assembly delivers a quick and easy dish that tastes fantastic morning, noon and night.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 8 Kashi® Waffles, Blueberry
1. In medium skillet set over medium heat, add oil. Add jalapeños and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften.
2. Stir in blueberries, corn, honey and lime juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until juices thicken and flavors are married. Stir in half the cilantro.
3. Meanwhile, toast Kashi® Blueberry Waffles according to package directions.
4. Serve waffles topped with relish. Garnish with remaining cilantro.