Tex-Mex Black Bean Waffles
With family-friendly Tex-Mex flavors, this savory waffle dish makes a satisfying and healthy breakfast that will keep them full until lunch.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 8 Kashi® Waffles, 7 Grain
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. In large skillet set over medium heat, add oil. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in chili powder.
2. Add black beans and 1/2 cup water to skillet; stir to coat. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and thickened, and flavors are married.
3. Meanwhile, toast Kashi® 7 Grain Waffles according to package directions.
4. Serve waffles topped with black bean mixture. Top with avocado and dollops of yogurt.