Strawberry Breakfast Mug Casserole
With 7 Grain Waffles and lots of fresh strawberries and a hint of basil, this quick and easy casserole will draw even the sleepiest of family members to the breakfast table.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 8 Kashi® Waffles, 7 Grain
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, divided
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided (or 1 tbsp dried)
1. Toast Kashi® 7 Grain Waffles according to package directions. Chop into bite-sizes pieces.
2. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, oat milk, brown sugar and vanilla. Add waffles, 3/4 cup strawberries and two-thirds of the basil; stir to coat. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until waffles have absorbed most of the liquid.
3. Divide waffles mixture evenly among 4 greased large microwave-safe mugs.
4. Microwave each mug casserole on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of casserole comes out clean.
5. Top with remaining strawberries and remaining basil before serving.