Southwest Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Spice up your breakfast with these tasty tacos that are easy to make and even easier to enjoy! For some extra zest, add a bit of homemade salsa with fresh tomatoes.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 4 to 6 sprouted corn tortillas or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 medium ripe organic avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In medium bowl lightly beat eggs. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
2. In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set on the bottom. Use a spatula to lift and fold partially cooked eggs, allowing uncooked portions to flow underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
3. Serve eggs in tortillas with avocado and salsa. Drizzle each with additional olive oil (if desired).