Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry-Chipotle Sauce Recipe
Roasted sweet potatoes take center stage when they’re seasoned with tangy cranberries and smoky chipotle peppers.
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 pounds organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups fresh or frozen organic cranberries
- 1/4 cup organic orange juice
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped organic chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced organic green onions
1. Toss together sweet potatoes, oil, salt and pepper. Spread in 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender, stirring after 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine cranberries, orange juice, honey and chipotle chile peppers. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. In large bowl gently toss together potatoes, walnuts and cranberry mixture. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with onions.