Roasted Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard with Fusilli Recipe
The flavors of fall inspired this dish made with pan-roasted butternut squash, wilted Swiss chard, fresh sage and parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 tablespoons expeller-pressed safflower oil
- 2 cups peeled and cubed organic butternut squash
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh organic sage
- 6 cups shredded organic Swiss chard
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated organic Parmesan cheese
1. In Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add squash. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until squash begins to brown. Stir in garlic and sage. Cook and stir for 30 seconds more.
2. Add Swiss chard. Toss until wilted. Stir in pasta, yogurt, water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat about 10 minutes or until pasta is hot.
3. Ladle pasta mixture onto serving plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.