Overnight Berry Kashi Bowl
Prep breakfast the night before for an easy and efficient morning! This delicious cereal bowl is topped with a simple compote that can be adapted to use your favorite seasonal berries.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 2 1/4 cups Kashi Organic Cinnamon Harvest Cereal
- 1 cup Oat milk
- 1 tablespoon Non-dairy butter alternative
- 2 1/2 cups Berries (see tip), divided
- 1/4 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In large airtight container, stir together 2 cups Kashi Organic Cinnamon Harvest Cereal and oat milk. Cover and refrigerate.
2. In small skillet set over medium-low heat, add non-dairy butter alternative. Add 2 cups berries and maple syrup. Cook, stirring and mashing berries, for 12 to 15 minutes or until softened and mixture has a jam-like consistency. Stir in lemon juice and let cool completely. Transfer berry compote to airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight alongside cereal mixture.
3. In the morning, in small skillet set over medium-low heat, add remaining cereal and toast, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant.
4. Divide cereal mixture evenly between 2 serving ramekins and top each with 2 tablespoons berry compote. Garnish with toasted cereal and remaining berries before serving.
Use your favorite berries in this recipe, such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries or gooseberries — or a combination!
Leftover compote can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week. Spoon over oatmeal or cereal for breakfast, or ice cream for dessert.