Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe
This colorful soup recipe includes many fresh vegetables. Make it to your liking by choosing all your favorite veggies. Enjoy this healthy and hearty soup!
Prep Time: 50 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 2 tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped organic portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped organic button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped organic onion
- 1/4 cup chopped organic celery
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped organic butternut squash
- Dash kosher salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 cups all-natural vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup organic pearl barley
- 1/2 cup organic peas, steamed
- 1 tablespoon organic Parmesan cheese
1. In large saucepan heat oil over medium‐high heat. Add onion, celery, squash, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in borth, spinach and barley. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 35 minutes or until barley is tender.
3. Stir in peas. Heat through. Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.