Honey Almond Scones
Honey and almond flavors come together in these quick and easy scones — a snap to make for breakfast or as a treat for an afternoon coffee break.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Kashi GO® Honey Almond Flax Crunch
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, Kashi GO® Honey Almond Flax Crunch, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Using pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut in butter to resemble coarse meal. Stir in almonds. Stir in yogurt until mixture just holds together.
3. Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Knead or fold dough onto itself about 3 or 4 turns.
4. Shape dough into 7-inch round with 1-inch thickness. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.