Homemade “Pickles” Made With Assorted Heirloom Carrots Recipe
Always wanted to pickle your own vegetables? Now’s your chance, with a creative interpretation featuring heirloom carrots and exotic spices.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 150 min
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup organic agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 4 green cardamom pods, toasted and lightly crushed
- 1 small (1 oz.) piece fresh ginger root, lightly pounded
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 6 to 8 baby organic heirloom carrots, trimmed to fit 16-ounce jar
1. In medium saucepan combine vinegar, agave syrup, molasses, salt, cardamom and peppercorns. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
2. Arrange carrots, cilantro and ginger in mason jar.
3. Pour hot brine into jar, completely covering carrots. Close jar. Refrigerate for 2 hours to 1 week.