Dried Fruit Jewels Recipe
These make a perfect cocktail snack. It’s also wonderful to have lovely little tidbits on hand to serve when people drop in unexpectedly for a cup of tea. And for a change of pace from cookies and pastries, try serving these exquisite (and easy!) morsels for dessert. You can make a bunch of them ahead of time, keep them in a closed container in the refrigerator, then just pull them out as needed.
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 5 min
- 1 tablespoon softened organic cream cheese (with a little blue cheese mixed in, if desired)
- 8 pieces dried fruit, such as preservative-free apricot halves, pitted dates or prune halves
- 8 walnut halves, toasted (about 1/4 cup)
1. Spread cream cheese inside dried fruit.
2. Press one walnut half into the cheese, gently pressing fruit around filling to close it slightly. Arrange on serving plate. (Or, place in tightly covered container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)