Curried Chickpea Waffles
Prepared simply with chickpeas, waffles, curry powder, aromatics and tomatoes, this flavorful dish can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 8 Kashi® Waffles, 7 Grain
1. In large skillet set over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in curry powder; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
3. Meanwhile, toast Kashi® 7 Grain Waffles according to package directions.
4. Serve waffles topped with curried chickpeas.