Creamy Spinach Soup Recipe
A great way to deliver vegetables to your children is to purée something green into a delicious, creamy soup. This one is light and thin. If you would like it thicker, add another potato, and increase the salt to taste.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 (8 oz.) organic russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups all-natural vegetable broth, divided
- 1 package (6 oz.) organic baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup organic cream, half-and-half or milk
1. In large saucepan combine potato and 1 1/2 cups of the broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 8 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in spinach and salt. Cook, covered, about 3 minutes more or until spinach is just wilted. Cool.
2. Transfer some of the potato mixture to blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Repeat with remainig potato mixture.
3. Stir remaining broth into potato mixture in saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until heated through. Stir in cream. Ladle into serving bowls.