Coconut-Scented Steel-Cut Oats with Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
Steel-cut oatmeal gets a boost from coconut, fresh fruit, and a few extra minutes of cooking time. Once you’ve had this creamy, pineapple and mango-laced treat you may never go back to plain.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 cups cooked steel-cut oats (cooked per package directions)
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped organic pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped organic mango
- 1 organic banana, sliced
- 1 organic orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened coconut flakes
1. In saucepan combine oats and coconut milk. Cook over low heat until milk is absorbed. Cool.
2. In bowl combine yogurt, pineapple, mango, banana, orange and coconut. Spoon oat mixture into serving bowls. Top with fruit mixture.