Cilantro Garbanzo Bean Salad with Cashews and Mangos Recipe
Gingery and studded with cashews and fruit, this chilled salad is a welcome addition to any brunch, lunch, or dinner table.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- Dash kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (preservative-free)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (cold)
- 1 cup organic canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh organic mango, diced
- 1 cup fresh organic cilantro, coarsely chopped (plus some large pieces for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cashew halves (unsalted)
1. Place ginger in small bowl. Add a few grains of salt. Use the back of a fork to rub the ginger against the side of the bowl until a paste forms. Stir in vinegar and black pepper.
2. In large bowl toss together lettuce, garbanzo beans, mango, cilantro and vinegar mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Top with cashews before serving.