Brown Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
Welcome the season with fall flavors. A combination of squash, onions, mushrooms, curry and more will have your mouth saying, "Yum!"
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 70 min
- 1 medium organic acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped organic portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced organic onion
- 1/4 cup chopped organic celery
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked organic brown rice
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- Kosher salt (optional)
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
1. Cut squash in half. Remove and discard seeds. Place squash halves, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until squash is nearly tender.
2. Cool squash halves slightly. Remove flesh from squash and cut into bite-size pieces.
3. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, mushrooms, onion, celery, curry powder and garlic. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice and butter. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spoon into empty squash halves. Serve warm.