Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse Recipe
This creamy mouse, made with bittersweet chocolate, silken tofu and Grand Marnier, impresses even the toughest dinner guest.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 110 min
- 1 package (16 oz.) organic water-packed silken tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon organic orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated organic orange peel
- 2 ounces organic bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 large organic orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup organic pomegranate seeds
- Dash kosher salt
- Whipped soy dessert topping (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Organic pomegranate seeds (optional)
1. Let tofu stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place in food processor bowl. Cover and process until very smooth. Add cane sugar, cocoa powder, Grand Marnier, vanilla, orange peel and salt. Cover and process until combined.
2. With food processor running, slowly add melted chocolate through the feed tube. Process until very smooth. Pour into bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until thickened.
3. In four 6- to 8-ounce martini glasses combine orange sections and 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds. Spoon chocolate mixture on top.
4. Before serving, if desired, top each with soy topping. Garnish with mint leaves and additional pomegranate seeds, if desired.