Basil Goat Cheese Blueberry Scones
These sweet and savory scones are a lovely addition to any breakfast or brunch spread.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Kashi® Organic Blueberry Clusters Cereal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 2/3 cup vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, Kashi® Organic Blueberry Clusters Cereal, baking powder and baking soda. Using pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut in butter to resemble coarse meal. Fold in blueberries, goat cheese and basil. Stir in yogurt until mixture just holds together.
3. Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Knead or fold dough onto itself about 3 or 4 turns.
4. Shape dough into 7-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.