Gluten-Free Waffle and Egg White Sandwich Recipe
Savory sautéed veggies and protein-rich egg white dress up golden, toasty waffles, an anytime treat that brings out the waffle lover in all of us.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped organic shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic broccoli florets
- 1 free-range egg white, slightly beaten
Kashi®Original Waffles, Gluten-Free, toasted
1. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and broccoli. Continue cooking for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil.
2. Add egg white. Cook, gently stirring, until egg is just set. Spoon onto toasted waffles. Serve immediately.