If you want to spice up your repertoire, here’s the entrée! Peanuts and spices add richness and warmth to this hearty blend of Kashi™ 7 Whole Grain Pilaf and vegetables. Best of all, it’s a one-dish meal.
Makes about 15 servings (2/3 cup serving size)
- 2 packets of Kashi™ 7 Whole Grain Pilaf
- 1 cup whole peanuts
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves organic garlic, sliced
- 1 medium organic red onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¾ cup organic raisins
- 1 large organic carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1 cup organic red cabbage, diced
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons cane syrup
- Cook Kashi Pilaf according to directions on the package and set aside.
- Dry toast peanuts in a small skillet until golden brown and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in first 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a large skillet until limp.
- Add cumin, coriander and stir.
- Add raisins, carrots, cabbage, salt, water and stir well.
- Cover with lid, reduce heat to low, simmer for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sauté mixture with cooked Kashi Pilaf, red bell pepper, cilantro, toasted peanuts and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, whisk together, add to pilaf mixture, stir well and enjoy.
Serving Size 2/3 cup, Servings per recipe 15, Calories 180, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%