GOLEAN® Apple Raisin Squares
Full of cinnamon-raisin goodness, plump apples, and the fiber of whole grain cereal, these bars are just right with a glass of milk.
Makes 24 squares.
- 2 cups Kashi® GOLEAN® cereal, finely crushed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup organic raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- ½ cup organic applesauce
- ½ cup cane syrup
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic apples, finely diced
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix first five ingredients. Mix well, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, cane syrup, egg substitute, honey, oil, and vanilla. Then add diced apples and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix well. Spread evenly in oiled and floured 8" x 11" bake pan and bake 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Serving Size: 1 square (41g), Calories 90, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 2.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 11g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%