Autumn Kashi™ Pilaf Salad with White Pumpkin and Cranberries
White pumpkins and cranberries dress up pilaf in autumnal splendor in this potpourri of fall delights. Perfect for the holiday table.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 cup dry Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf (1 packet from 19.5 oz. box), cooked and cooled
- 2 cups water
- 1 small organic white pumpkin
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup dried organic cranberries
- ⅓ cup peeled and thinly sliced organic celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced organic red onion
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed or sunflower oil
- To cook pilaf, bring water to a rolling boil in saucepan. Add packet of Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf, reduce heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and place the seeds in a small bowl. Season with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a sheet pan cut side down with ¼ inch of water. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool and remove the skin. Cut the pumpkin into large dice and set aside (you should have about 1½ cups). Remove and discard the pulp strands from the seeds and toss with the remaining olive oil. Spread the seeds on a sheet pan and bake at 300°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Place the Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf, cranberries, celery, onion, diced pumpkin, and pumpkin seed oil in a medium bowl. Toss together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Serving Size: About 6 oz, Calories 274, Calories from Fat 135, Total Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 18mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 5g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 714 IU, Vitamin C 6mg, Calcium 31mg, Iron 1mg