Dinner Bells, Italian Turkey-and-Rice Stuffed Peppers
This easy, family-pleasing one-dish dinner takes just 15 minutes to prepare and, then, it requires no attention while cooking in a crockery cooker.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 15 Minutes
- 5 medium red or orange bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 jar (25 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut off tops of peppers. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers upright in 4- to 6-quart crockery cooker.
- Combine turkey, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt. Stir in rice. Spoon into peppers.
- Pour most of the marinara sauce over peppers. Add water to remaining sauce in jar. Cover jar and shake. Pour over peppers. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours.
- Transfer peppers to serving plates. Spoon sauce over top. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper, Calories 380, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 19g, Protein 23g