Take advantage of summer’s bounty by making these savory, side-dish zucchini pancakes. If you like a little spice, serve them topped with a spoonful of salsa.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 cups shredded organic zucchini (about 1 lb.)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Firmly squeeze zucchini in paper towels to remove excess moisture. In medium bowl stir together eggs, egg white, flour, feta cheese, baking powder, salt, oregano and pepper. Stir in zucchini.
- Heat 12-inch skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. For each pancake, spoon about 3 tablespoons of zucchini mixture into skillet. Spread to make 4-inch circles. Cook about 2 minutes or until beginning to brown. Turn. Cook about 2 minutes more or until golden brown.
Serving Size: 3 (4 inch) pancakes, Calories 130, Total Fat 4g, Total Carbohydrate 17g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g, Protein 7g