No-Hassle One-Dish Dinner
Savory flavors and nutritious veggies, this simple yet tasty recipe has everything you need – all in one dish! This delicious dinner is a great family meal that everyone will love.Serves 6-8
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cup quinoa, dry toasted and rinsed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup of diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Gently sauté the shallot and garlic in extra virgin olive oil in an eight-quart stock pot on medium high. Add chicken, a pinch of salt, pepper and broth.
- Bring to a boil, add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low.
- After 10 minutes, remove lid and stir, broccoli, bell pepper, lemon juice, almonds and 3/4 of the parsley. Cook for five more minutes. Turn heat off, add peas and replace lid for two minutes. Finish with the remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 450 calories (140 from fat); 16 g fat (2.5 saturated); 50 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrate; 29 g protein; 7 g fiber; 520 mg sodium
*We recommend using all organic and locally sourced ingredients in all of our recipes, whenever possible.