Kashi Flakes Crust™
This easy-to-make, crunchy crust can be used in chiffon pies or pies with custard fillings, such as lemon or pumpkin. With cooked pies, it’s important to cool the crust completely so that it doesn’t absorb too much of the filling.
Makes 1 crust for a 9-inch pie to serve 10
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 3/4 cups Kashi® Flakes cereal (to make 1 cup crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, melted
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To crush the flakes, place in a sealable bag and use a rolling pan to crush until very fine. Or place in a food processor and pulse until the crumbs are very fine.
- In medium bowl (or still using the food processor), combine the crumbs with the remaining ingredients. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan with the mixture, pressing it firmly to make a crust, with the sides thicker than the bottom.
- Bake crust until lightly browned and starting to hold together, about 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely before filling, at least 45 minutes.
Per serving: 80 calories (23 from fat); 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat); 6 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium; 15 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 2 g protein