Baked Double Berry Gratin with Kashi® GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Almond Crust
Bake bright, vibrant berries into a rich custard and top with Kashi® GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Toasted Berry Crumble cereal and a tofu-almond crust for a scrumptious dessert. We think it makes a delicious breakfast, too.
Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cane syrup
- 1/3 cup blanched or slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 cup silken, low-fat tofu
- 1 tablespoon organic butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon real almond extract
- 3/4 cup Kashi® GOLEAN® Crisp!™ Toasted Berry Crumble cereal, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh organic berries (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- 1 cup organic low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In food processor bowl combine cane syrup, almonds, whole wheat flour and salt. Cover and process until almonds are finely ground. Add egg, tofu, butter and almond extract. Cover and process until smooth.
- Place berries in a lightly oiled 1-quart gratin dish or 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cereal over top. Spread tofu mixture over all. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes so topping and berries can settle before serving.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Top with yogurt.
Serving size: 1/2 cup, Calories 250, Calories from Fat 69, Total Fat 7.7g, Saturated Fat 2.2g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrates 41.4g, Sugars 29.0g, Protein 7.9g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 25%