Lemon-Dill Green Beans
Lemon and dill vinaigrette is a natural complement to green beans (and steamed asparagus or sliced fresh tomatoes). This side offers fiber, protein, and an elegant accompaniment to seafood and poultry.
Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound organic green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced organic shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon naturally-prepared whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and cook until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk dill, shallot, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: 74 Calories; 4 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 10 g Carbohydrates; 2 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 163 mg Sodium; 177 mg Potassium