Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap
White beans blended with avocado, Cheddar, and onion fill this rich, flavorful wrap. Tangy slaw adds crunch and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce up the kick. Serve with chips and salsa.
Makes 4 servings
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (preservative-free)
- 1 tablespoon expeller-pressed canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded organic red cabbage
- 1 medium organic carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded organic sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced organic red onion
- 4 8 to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: 411 Calories; 18 g Fat; 4 g Sat; 7 g Mono; 15 mg Cholesterol; 50 g Carbohydrates; 13 g Protein; 13 g Fiber; 633 mg Sodium; 396 mg Potassium