Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Flakes-Crusted Halibut
Learn how to create a versatile crust that dresses halibut or any meaty fish. An Asian sauce with soy, ginger, and bok choy enhances the fillet.
Makes 2 Servings.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounces wild-caught halibut fillets, cut in two pieces
- 1 free-range egg white, whipped
- 1 cup Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Flakes cereal, ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced
- 1 cup organic bok choy, sliced
- 1/3 cup organic scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dark agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (preservative-free)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees
- Dip one side of the halibut in the egg white and then into the Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Flakes cereal to form a crust of that will adhere to the fish. Set in the refrigerator to get firm, about an hour.
- Heat an ovenproof sauté pan to medium heat. Place half of the olive oil in and let it get hot. Place the fish crust side down in the pan. Cook on this side for about two minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip to the other side and place the ovenproof pan in the oven for about five minutes or until the juices that come out are white in color.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the fish on a dish to rest. Meanwhile in the same pan, over medium heat add the other tablespoon of olive oil and let it get hot.
- Now, add all of the vegetables; the carrots, bok choy, and scallions and cook while stirring, about five minutes.
- Next add the dark agave nectar, soy sauce, ginger, and rice wine vinegar to the pan, stir together and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss in the cilantro and sesame oil, stir once more and divide between two plates.
- Top the stir-fry with the Kashi crusted halibut and serve.
Number of servings: 2. Per Serving: 283 Calories; 11g Fat (43.1% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 23mg Cholesterol; 333mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.