Sautéed Rainbow Chard and Kashi™ 7 Whole Grain Pilaf with Toasted Walnuts & Feta
Nutrient-rich chard and nutty Kashi™ 7 Whole Grain Pilaf are seasoned and sautéed to perfection, then topped with walnuts and feta for a satisfying side dish.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pound organic Swiss chard, cut into half-inch pieces, ribs on, rinsed well
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh zest of 2 organic oranges
- 2 cups cooked Kashi™ 7 Whole Grain Pilaf – 1 bag cooked with 2 cups water or all-natural vegetable stock
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped medium/fine
- ½ cup crumbled organic Feta cheese
- Cook the Kashi™ 7 Whole Grain Pilaf, season with salt, pepper, orange zest and set aside, covered.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rainbow chard to skillet, tossing until wilted. Continue adding chard to pan and let cook until wilted and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not add any more oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide pilaf into 4 equal portions and pack into a ring mold on service plate.
- Layer the sautéed chard on top of that.
- Sprinkle top with toasted walnuts and feta.
Servings: 4, Amount Per Serving: Calories 360, Fat Cal. 180, Total Fat 20g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carbohydrates 36g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (28% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A (50% DV), Vitamin C (25% DV), Calcium (10% DV), Iron (10% DV).