Strawberry Coconut Crunch Pie
Naturally sweetened with apple juice concentrate and pretty enough to serve at a party! With just six ingredients, including crowd-pleasing sweet strawberries and Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!®, it’s easy to whip up for dessert, too.
Makes 8 servings.
- 2 cups Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup organic apple juice concentrate
- 3 cups halved organic strawberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- Crush the Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® with a rolling pin, or process in a food processor or blender until it is semi-fine in texture. Place the cereal in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Place in a oil-sprayed 9-inch glass pie pan and press into place with a spoon or rubber spatula. Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before filling.
- Arrange all but ½ cup strawberries in the cooled baked shell. Puree the ½ cup strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add arrowroot or starch to the cold water and mix completely. Combine both the starch water and the pureed berries in a microwave-safe bowl (or double boiler). Heat until slightly thickened. Pour over arranged berries. Cool in refrigerator. Serve cold.
- Sprinkle ½ cup slightly crushed Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® over top, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 slice (⅛ pie), Calories 160, Calories from Fat 35, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 17g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%