Banana-Cocoa Soy Smoothie
Creamy and full of protein from both tofu and soy milk, this chocolaty treat has the richness of a banana split and the wholesomeness of an all natural smoothie.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 organic banana
- ½ cup water-packed silken tofu
- ½ cup organic plain soy milk
- 2 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Slice banana and freeze until firm.
- Blend tofu, soy milk, cocoa and honey in a blender until smooth.
- With the motor running, add the banana slices through the hole in the lid and continue to puree until smooth.
Per serving: 340 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 60 g carbohydrate; 17 g protein; 10 g fiber; 121 mg sodium; 749 mg potassium. 3 Carbohydrate Servings
Nutrition Bonus: Magnesium (29% daily value), Potassium (21% DV), Iron (20% DV), Vitamin A and Vitamin C (15% DV)