Kashi® Nuggets Stuffed Apples Recipe
Capture the essence of autumn with this delicious homage to ripe, juicy apples. Stuffing and prep can be done in advance so the dish comes out fresh and fragrant after dinner.
Makes 4 servings
Preparation Time: 1 hour
4 organic Jonagold apples (you can substitute Braeburn or Gala as well)
2 cups organic soymilk
1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
½ cup organic raisins
2 cups Kashi® Nuggets cereal
½ cup pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350˚ degrees.
2. Slice apples in half horizontally and remove the core on all of the halves with a spoon. With a knife, remove a small slice from the bottom of each apple - this will allow the apple to stand on its own when baked.
3. In a large bowl mix together the soymilk, vanilla, raisins, Kashi® Nuggets cereal and the maple syrup.
4. Place the mixture in the cavity of the apple exposed where the core was removed.
5. Place the apples in a small casserole baking dish and cover lightly with foil. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
6. Remove apples from the pan and drizzle the juices on top.